Wednesday, April 21, 2010

MPI Summary

In MPI class my understanding of the World Wide Web has elevated extensively. Throughout the weeks I have expanded my knowledge and discovered the various features the WWW had to offer. With Google for instance, we started to find out how it worked, and more importantly the extreme extent of its usage. I now know how websites are made, stored and created. I have learn't how to make a Blog, and how to view and upload images to Flickr. Also through the use of Delicious I have become more aware of avenues available for more efficient browsing on the Internet.

Prior to this class I only knew Google for its search engine features, but I have since found that Google can provide document, maps, and email capabilities.
MPI has also helped develop my understanding of the creation and dynamics of websites, such that I now understand that sites exist as a code stored in a directory, and the specific site details such as font and colour information is represented through a ‘markup language’.

I have also come to understand how Blogs bring people together to communicate through there own personal site. Thus I have learned that blogs can be designed and customised freely, from background to little cool gadgets (I have fish as my gadget it is so interesting) to colour, fonts and templates. I made 6 posts on my blog (you may be interested in this one ).
I also commented on other people’s Blogs; Becky's and Bernard’s . I found them interesting and found the use of comments helpful in maintaining communication. Some interesting comments that i found on blogspot are found here and here .

I have also learned the image sharing capabilities of Flickr, a site where you find almost any image you can look for, which you or other people can put up. You can tag and comment on other people’s pictures. Here are some of my pictures in Flickr. I have uploaded 10 of my images, have a look if you wish. I came across some images which I liked and made my favourites, they are located here, here and here. The tags i used are dragon, fantasy, tablet, pixie, drawing, etc click here.

Delicious is a bookmark website. It is an excellent way to collect other websites by using their URL. The site allows users to create an account which then stores their favourite websites, creating an efficient browsing resource. I have 36 bookmarked pages. (for my favourite bookmarked sites in Delicious - click here, here and here .) These pages are of interest to me because I enjoy gaming and other nerd-like activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment