Thursday, May 27, 2010

Technorati

This week we signed up for the popular blog ranking search engine Technorati. Technorati lets you search for other peoples blogs and allows others to search for yours. My blog has been recognised by Technorati and can be added into other people’s favourites. Technorati gives each of its pages a ranking against each other. To increase your ranking and gain authority your blog must include links to other blogs and/or sites. Although I have multiple links to other peoples blogs I am still yet to gain authority. Hmmmm.
I have found out that the best way to increase your Technorati authority is to write things that are interesting to other bloggers so that they link to you. So if you make your blog stand-out against the rest, then your ranking and authority will increase as more and more people choose to follow and link to it. But my guess is a blog of what we do in class each week is not all that interesting so my authority is most probably going to remain unregistered. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment